David, for someone from the Amazonia the only cats to be respected are the big spotted ones, and even those can be handled with the adequate gear. The frontier is the sound they make - if it's meow, no worries. If it's a roar, then it's better have one live round chambered and the finger on the safety... and it's better if it's no .22...

Serious, there is no way one can relax after hearing the Onças at night... sad sometimes we can't help but defend ourselves, those are magnificent cats.

LF