On 4/16/09, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@mac.com> wrote:
>  If you don't have access to a 3G network, it just does network operations
> more slowly using EDGE. If you're in range of an 802.11 network, it does
> network things very quickly over that instead.

That's what I'm interested in.  Is "more slowly" still usable, or is
it laughably worthless?  Granted, I'm not gonna watch streaming videos
on the damn thing, so I'm probably worrying about nothing.  We do have
a wireless network at home.

>  The iPod Touch is a stunningly useful device, even without the cellular
> service. It handles about 90% of all my mobile communications needs. Since I
> know the iPhones can be unlocked now and operated successfully in the same
> manner I use my SLVR, I'd like a used, unlocked iPhone 3G. That would
> simplify what I needed to carry around.

That's kinda where we're at.  Christie is always seeing something
she's like to Google when we're traveling, and we'd both like a GPS
unit from time to time.  Throw in the camera and internet access, and
it really does seem to be quite the useful all-in-one.

Thanks, Godfrey.

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008