From: frank theriault
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> The *ist-D DOES have a front e-dial.
>
> But that's not an *ist-D, the front of the pop-up flash doesn't project out
> far enough. Same for the K-10D.
>
> This camera has almost no projection over the lens, and there's a distinct
> down angle to the edge of the pop-up flash where both the *ist-D and the
> K-10D go almost straight back. The profile of the pop-up flash is unlike any
> of the earlier model slrs I'm aware of.
>
> The pop-up flash looks like the one on the X70, but there's a body join
> along the front that the X70 doesn't have, and this is obviously an SLR.
> Still, the X70 flash also protrudes farther over the lens than the one
> pictured.
>
> Plus, the X70 does NOT have the front e-dial, which this does.
>
> Doesn't look anything like either the MZ-D prototype, the K1D prototype, the
> K3D prototype or any of the 645D prototypes I can find on the web. It's not
> a PZ-1P either.

Maybe it's not a Pentax at all.

Maybe someone is having fun photoshoping blurry letters on a body from
another manufacturer?

I considered that possibility, but couldn't find anything I thought was a good candidate. Do you know another manufacturer who uses that front e-dial and shutter button configuration?