Hi everybody,
I didn't want to come to this, but, for a lot of reasons, I've
postponed to comment on the PUG assignment shots once too long.
I hope you'll be so kind to be indulgent...

" The Tower and the (Ghost) Church " by  Jaume Lahuerta.

I like it. There are many things I can point out (like the
building in the lower left corner, or the dark - dust? - spots
in the upper part of the frame) that I feel a bit annoying, but
the whole image works. I'd suggest to redo the shot with a tele
in the same situation to see what happens when cropping on the
field. The grain is not disturbing, though, and helps to the
final result.

" Helpless " by  Frank Theriault.

As you say, this is not a very good shot, neither is a really
ugly one, though... What really doesn't work, IMNSHO, is the
lack of a human presence under the inscription.
I would have avoided to include in the frame the white edge of
the sign over the inscription, too.
I appreciate your intentions, though.

That's all guys, I'm sorry I'm not able to say more.
I promise I'll try to comment on the PUG pictures as soon as
they appear on the web starting from January...

Gianfranco

=====
http://greetings.yahoo.com