----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Nelson"
Subject: Macro

Hi

I have a question arround the magnification factors on macro lenses. If you
use a 1:1 lense on film the image is life size on the negative. What does
this translate to on an aps-c size sensor 1.5:1 ?. I use the a100 f4 macro
which is 1:2 would this then translate to 0.75:1 or 3 quarters life size. I know that as I am not doing any measurements on the resulting image and use
the lense as the size and framing I want it is imaterial. I wouls however
like to know.

Life size is life size.
35mm film sees more real estate than APS-C.

William Robb