On Apr 21, 2009, at 8:16, Doug Brewer wrote:

Brian Walters wrote:
OK - I use flash only occasionally and wireless flash almost never but I've tried Doug's suggestions below with the K200D and AF360FGZ and I'm seeing exactly the same results as Bruce. The flash always fires on the leading curtain (or perhaps it just fires the pre-flash on the leading
curtain and main flash doesn't fire at all - I'm just guessing here).
I wondered if my flash was faulty but attached to the camera in P-TTL
mode (not in wireless mode), it fires on the trailing curtain as it
should.
Obviously this is of no help to Bruce......

yeah, I guess I could have gone all the way and looked to see if it was actually firing on the trail. Here in a minute I'll go get my bag outta the car and do a little more testing. I'm intrigued.

(scene the other night:

son, from in front of the tv: Dad, why are you taking pictures of the wall?

me: This guy is having trouble setting his flash to fire on the trailing curtain in wireless mode. I'm looking at how to do it.

son: ...

me: you still there?

son: no.

)

Love it!

My son's supposed to be off in college now, but it sounds like maybe he's sitting in your TV room now. I should call him.

BTW - we're talking AF540 and the K20D right? Should I test here in the office with my K10D and AF540 just to annoy my cow-orkers?

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN