Michel Adam schrieb:

> I have the K version. It is of classic construction, not the 'FREE'
> type. Got it from a PDMLer from Europe.

you mean to say: from me....    I now use the M28/f2. Both lenses are
not FREE designs. However, the K28/f2 has a floating element. This is
what the "Color Foto photokina Sonderheft" (special photokina 1976
edition of German magazine Color Foto) has to tell about the then new
K28/f2:

"Dieses hochlichtstarke WW-Objektiv besitzt 'floating elements', d.h. im
Nahbereich erfolgt eine korrigierende Linsengruppenverschiebung. Dadurch
wird im Nahbereich die Abbildungsqualität verbessert".

(This fast wide angle lens has floating elements, meaning that at close
focusing a correcting lens group moves. Thus the picture quality at
close focus is improved.)

I very much doubt that there is a second version of the K28/f2 - the
M28/f2 was introduced only four years after the K28/f2 had been
introduced.

My best wishes for everybody for the coming New Year,

Arnold