From: "William Robb"
----- Original Message ----- From: "Timbah!"
Subject: Toughts... Pentax and Professional Photography

> One of the main problems is I've Pentax. Not kidding. An agency will never > talk with someone who has Pentax. The minimum is Full Frame, which Pentax > not planning to release. With a Nikon D700 or Canon EOS 5D (MK1) I could > start with luck :) >

I take it that agencies no longer care about the quality of the photographs so much as some of the less than important aspects of the technology of taking them?

William Robb

Most of 'em never did.

I've been told they don't care what kind of camera I use, as long as I provide the images in either Nikon or Canon RAW format.

The biggest advantage of shooting Cakon is third party support. Plus, if you don't have exactly the lens you need, you can rent it just about anywhere.