I am not a professional photographer, and I am not a professional choral singer
(I am an enthusiastic amateur at both).  I =am= a professional physician.

Professional photographers and professional choral singers make the best of
whatever situation they encounter.  Crappy light, bickering families at a
wedding, a lousy choir they're helping out as a "ringer"--they put it aside and
turn in a good performance.

Similarly, I encounter occasional families I don't like, and =lots= of
situations I don't like, but I put my feelings aside and do the best I can.

+That+ is what being a professional is about.  It is not just a question of
doing what you're paid for; it's a question of turning in your best even when
everything sucks.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW