-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Mustarde
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 6:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 500/5.6

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:11:44 -0500, you wrote:

>Turns out to be an American made Century Tele-Athenar II 500/5.6. Wow!

Congratulations on an unusual find. The Century optics, from all I've
read, are second to none. I hope it shoots as good as I think it will.

What's the minimum focus distance? Older tele lenses usually need
tubes to get very close, but since this was made for movies maybe it
is different.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com