-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of gabriel bovino
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 12:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Found an MZ-S BG-10 IR Remote Substitute

Hey everyone,
If you own an MZ-S with the BG-10 grip but didn't want to spend the money to
buy the IR Remote....

Then grab one of your remote controls for your television and keep hitting
all
the buttons until one of them fires the shutter on your camera.  From my
experiment (I just wanted to say that because it sounds cool), I discovered
that the Sony Remote Controllers fire the shutter on the MZ-S with the BG-10
Grip attached.  The following buttons will fire the shutter:

Sony TV Remote (RM0Y168 - basic remote that comes with Sony Televisions
nowadays)
1) System Off Button
2) Set Remote to VTR/DVD and hold down any of the directional arrow buttons
at
the bottom in the circular button scheme.

Sony DVD Remote (RMT-D128A - may work with other Sony DVD Remotes)
1) Any of the directional arrow buttons at the bottom in the circular button
scheme.

Hey... I know that your probably not going to want to lug around a TV remote
when your taking pictures.  But, it offers a great solution for those who
want
to take pictures in the comfort of their homes while watching TV!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com