Shel,

I would most certainly agree that peoples views vary about photography, but
to myself, whether or not you like the subject, you can admire the execution
of the photo by a good photographer. I will try and get a website up and
running and display some pictures for creative criticism.

It could well be the case that I never need a copy stand again, but I can
think of some uses for one. Or am I trying to justify its purchase?

The one item I need you can't buy, and that's taking lots of photos in
different surroundings with different light, before I buy anything else. I
can't see any short cuts to this. I am very fortunate that I live in an area
were you could not miss opportunities; local markets, reservoirs, very old
buildings and forest land. It is the element of transferring the thought to
the film :-) Thanks.

Bob, Cotty and William,

Well, the photos (about 70) were taken in natural light, in an all glass
conservatory with the LX tripod and children's whiteboard / photo stand.
Film used was Kodak T400CN, but if I had had time I would have tried to
obtain b and w transparency film - haven't seen it for ages. I couldn't take
all the photos I wanted as they were so badly stored (in a tin box secured
with a rubber band) and some would not be put straight. Had I more time I
might have tried placing a sheet of glass across them, but I didn't know if
this would damage them and if it would give me problems with reflections.

One bit of news, getting the tripod out revealed a 24mm lens with a receipt
from 1981, I'd forgotten I had it - another good reason not to buy more
stuff at present!

I happily take on board the idea of finding out why a picture is a failure,
otherwise you keep getting them. Thanks for the advice and Cotty, thanks for
the offer of transferring them to CD - I hope the results are worthwhile.

Malcolm