Christine Aguila wrote:

From: "frank theriault" <knarftheria...@gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM, JC OConnell <hifis...@gate.net> wrote:

Dont forget that pro photographers can only do whats economically
feasable, some advanced amateurs have no such limitations. They can
reshoot somethiing a dozen times if desired to get it absolutely
perfect. A
pro usually can't. He has to use all his skill and knowledge to get
something
as good as possible in the time alotted, and be acceptable to client,
but in some cases an amateur can take it to
another level because there are no monetary or time limitations
involved.

Another very interesting post.  I'd never thought of it that way, JCO...

I agree! Cheers, Christine

So is someone who shoots only what they wish and manages to sell their art photography and survive on it a pro?
or a lucky amateur?

Anyone shooting on assignment within a specific time and place frame, be he/she someone who lives only by the income from those things or does them occasionally to help feed the kitty or as a favor is in the same bind.
The worst of all possible binds being weddings, of course!

ann

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://techmit.com.br/luizfelipe/