I shot a presentation on the animals of Australia that was held at our
public library last night.

I wasn't happy with the results from the auto white balance and after
a few frames I decided to set a custom white balance.

And I'm really impressed. Pentax's custom white balance is so much
easier to set than Canon's.

With Canon you shoot your reference shot. Then find the menu for
setting the custom balance, then find the reference image you shot and
select it. Then you select the custom white balance option.

I had never read the manual on the Pentax white balance, so I just
selected custom WB from the WB menu. It asked if I wanted to shoot a
reference image, so I found a kid at the event with a light grey shirt
and took a picture. The camera asked if the image was okay and I hit
okay and that was that.

The photos from the event are here: http://www.nickdavidwright.com/page40.html

The lady with the parakeet was the first image shot after setting the
custom WB, everything before was shot on auto and "fixed in post."

I didn't have to tweak the colors of the images shot on custom at all.
I love it.

--
~Nick David Wright
http://www.nickdavidwright.com/