While shooting virtual tours for real estate, I sometimes come across unusual buildings. I shot tours at a building in downtown Detroit the other day that surprised me. Built in 1957, it struck me as having been well ahead of its time. The architectural style looked familiar, so I checked when I got home and discovered that it was designed by Mies van der Rohe and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The exterior of the 20 story apartment building is mostly windows, framed in metal. The lobby is all black marble. It's in excellent condition and 95% occupied. The building is situated at the eastern edge of downtown, and its framed by a nice little park. The attached pic is the view from a 15th floor apartment. You can see the GM building (formerly the Renaissance Center and quite possibly soon to be something else) at the far left. Ford Field, the domed stadium, is at the far right. The shot is a composite of three frames from the pano I shot in this apartment. They're 16mm verticals, f13 @ about 1/4 second, ISO 200. Click to make it larger: