Larry Colen wrote:
Looking at my photos from last week, I realized that I need to get
some gels for my flashes so that the subject and the background don't
have different color balances.

Any recommendations?

Larry, I asked about this in the thread "Gels for Pentax flashes?" back on March 10. Peter Loveday suggested the Lumiquest FXtra gel holder which comes with a good mix of useful gels. Eg: the CTO, 1/2 CTO and 1/4 CTO orange gels for getting tungsten colour temp are all in there.

Here's the article ...

http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2009-March/163680.html

Also, read the rest of the thread for various other good suggestions ...

http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2009-March/163665.html

I bought two of the FXtra kits and because I dislike double-sided sticky tape (which is what Lumiquest provides for attaching the gel holder to the flash) I bought a couple of their Velcro Cinch Straps too. This lot attaches very firmly to the head of the flash and works great.

Cheers!

-bmw