Tom Rittenhouse wrote:

> We'll have to talk about speed graphics sometime, Paul. We seem to be the
> only ones who still use them. Do you use yours as a press camera, or as a
> view camera?

Hi Tom,
I now use my Speed Graphic primarily as a view camera, although I have used it
as a press camera in the past. When I was shooting some drag racing in the mid
seventies, I used it hand h eld with  a Honeywell Strobonar (that Honeywell
Strobonar keeps this on topic:-) I included a scan of an old hand held Speed
Graphic/Honeywell shot on my rather clunky website. It's at
http://home.earthlink.net/~pnstenquist/_wsn/page2.html
    The only lens I have is a 127 Wollensak 4.5,.But it's in good shape.
Professional Camera Service rebuilt both the camera and lens twenty years ago.
They're still working perfectly. Of course, a  Speed Graphic can produce some
pretty awesome prints with this old lens, but I would love to see what it cam
do with a good Nikkor, Zeiss, or Schneider. And one of these days, I will.
(Working on 4x5 lens enablement here.)
Paul