Just to sweeten the pot a little, I've gotten confirmation that John Carlson, Manager of Product Marketing & Support for Pentax Imaging Company here in the good old USofA, will be in attendance at this year's Nature Photo Weekend at GFM.

And he will have the new camera with him.

It will be in a hazy plexiglass box covered in a cape of royal blue damask in the center of a velvet rope square measuring roughly 20'X20', and will only be uncovered for winners of an ad hoc straw drawing held in a secret location to be determined later. The winner will be blindfolded throughout, only getting the opportunity to think he or she can smell the camera.

oh, wait. This is how we determine the contest winners.

My bad.

Actually, there will be opportunity to examine the cameras (yes, plural) throughout the weekend, and maybe some other stuff to examine/test/fondle. Warm up those SD cards, boys. Daddy's got the goods.

Thanks go out to the good folks at Pentax Marketing (and the folks in Bean Counting as well) for the respect shown to the PDML community as well as the GFM Team by agreeing to attend.

This should "be interesting."