That's what they're saying, but that seems low for a much higher specified body.

paul stenquist wrote:
Well, that's what the K20D is selling for now in the twilight of its run. It was introduced at around $1200. So if someone tells me that the K7 is twice the price of the K20D, I have to assume that its intro price is twice as high. In other words, what you're trying to say is that the K7 is priced about the same as the K20D.
Paul
On May 19, 2009, at 4:48 PM, William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: K-7 - check ricehigh blog, folks... photos and specs...

Has a price figure been quoted? You say twice the price of a K20D, so
we're looking at $2400 for an APS-C camera? That would be exorbitant in
my book.

Where are you getting your numbers? The K20D body is listed at $660.95 at
B&H.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/542060-REG/Pentax_19381_K20D_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

William Robb

The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or
drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn
fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a
free man any more than a dog.

        --G. K. Chesterton