On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:08:25PM -0400, frank theriault wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> > I'm pretty much done with the dance shots from my chicago trip.
> > These are the better ones. What I ought to do is to go through these
> > and pick out the best dozen out of the 100 shots in the five sets, but
> > life intrudes. A lot of them were posted on my facebook in the preview
> > set I sent a link to a few weeks back.
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157618384885452/
> >
> > This may be my favorite shot of the weekend:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/3548452509/sizes/l/in/set-72157618521434968/
> <snip>
>
> The sheer volume of the photos along with Flickr's horrible
> navigation/interface makes commenting on individual photos rather

I've learned a lot about event photography going through this set of
pictures. One big thing is to go through and do the good shots
first. I should probably trim those 100 shots down to about 12.

There is also a lot for me to learn about using a flash. It's not
usually light enough for me to use a flash, so I don't have much
practice.  Yes, I said light enough, if you use a flash when it's too
dark, people doing slow sexy dances get a bit cranky.

> ponderous, but there are some really good shots in there.  Looks
  like

Thanks.

> a fun pastime (and a great way to meet chicks!).

I meet a lot more women dancing than I do at Linux User Group meetings
or racing with the SCCA. There's one lass that I really want to do a
photo session with sometime. Johanna looks like a Valkyrie. She is a
bit over six feet tall and competes in crew on her college team. I
knew that she was heading off in the next week or so to spend the
summer training, I just found out last week that it's for the Olympic
team.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.