I wonder how one can draw such conclusions:

* without trying the camera
* seing anything else than sample (usually uninteresting whatever the
brand) and a picture (of the girl) from internal Jpeg with sharpness
set a -2, custom image settings set to portrait (!!)
* You didn't test AF and probably you didn't read reports of quite
speedier AF specially those with SDM,
* Light type sensor for correcting AF (less FF/BF issue e.g. in tungsten light)
* You ignore the fact that Mjpeg may mean a whole lot better quality
(at the bit rate mentionned by Pentax) that Panasonic GH1 or Canon
5dii,
* AF and aperture control in video (5dii where are you?)
* That the 'huge' difference between 1/180 and 1/250 is a half stop
(wow, huge). Btw, 5Dii is stuck at 1/200,
,

Ignoring all other features (useful or not for you):
* HDR,
* contrast AF /Face detection,
* built-in level and auto level with SR,
* dampened mirror/shutter;
* fps,
* copyright credits on recorded images,
* completely new metering,
* 100% viewfinder,
* shutter certified for 100,000 actuations,
* stereo sound in video using an external mic,
* AA batteries possibility  with grip,
* etc.

 A lot of assumptions, never having it in your hands, don't you think?

You may want a bit of a read:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K7/K7A.HTM

I do not want you to be convinced, but your reaction now and based on
those arguments is baseless IMO.

Regards,
--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille