I have a Sigma 300 F4, and the Sigma 1.4 converter.

Sometimes the AF works and sometimes it does not. I have different
stories from the net and Sigma of its AF powers on this and some other
lenses.

You might want to look into that.

I find it hunts alot with the tele on and images softer than i expected.

Dave

--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com