-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 3:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pentacon 400/4?

Kent,

You're right. The lens in question, on German EBay, is a 300/4:

http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1315106059

Since I'm also thinking of getting a moderately fast 300, I appreciate the
tip to pass on the Pentacon.

By the way, there's a coated PK-mount Enna 400/4.5 (yes, K mount), mint, for
sale on the Web for something like $450. Since it seems you want one badly.
I didn't want anyone to beat you to it, so write to me for the URL. Igor of
Igorcameras.com has several Enna 400/4.5s, in Exacta and Topcon mounts, for
$395
(http://www.igorcamera.com/Exacta%20&%20Topcon.htm). I also know of a
Piesker 400/4.5 or two for sale; one in M42, the other I think in K mount.
Write to me for those URLs, too. Any that you're not interested in, I'll
share them with the list
PS: If you had to choose between the Enna 400/4.5K at $450 and the Pentax
400/5.6 PKA at $500, which would you choose?

Paul Stregevsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kent Giddings wrote:
Are you sure it is 400/4 and not 400/4.5? Most Pentacon lenses were made by
only a couple of makers and I can't find any listing for a 400/4. There were
2 400/4.5 lenses that I know of. One by Piesker and one by Enna. I got
outbid on one of the former a short time ago and the Enna is very rare.
Pentacon only had 2 telephotos with their own name inscribed on them, and
both were built by Meyer Gorlitz (because part of Pentacon later) and were
the same as the M-G Orestegor lenses. One was a 300/4 and the other a
500/5.6. Neither is as good as the Aus Jena 300/4 Sonnar and the 500/5.6 is
not considered as good as the current Ukrainian 500/5.6 MC APO-Arsat.
Most of these were available in 35mm mounts also.
Kent Gittings

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com