The Kenko and Teleplus ones work as well, but I believe the Tamron is better.

Regards,

John
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Joseph
McAllister [pentax...@mac.com]
Sent: 24 May 2009 04:16
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: WTB: TAMRON-F AF PZ-AF 1.4X MC4 TELECONVERTER

Are the 1.4x and 2.0x Tamron-F AF PZ-AF Teleconverters the only ones
that work with the FA-DA screwdriver and SDM lenses?

The BBAR versions have better multi-coating than the non-BBAR ones,
The MC4 indicates multi-coating and the # of elements, MC7 for the 2x.

I just ran some limited tests with my 1.4x (non-BBAR) and by golly, it
does focus the SMC lenses. But there is a loss of AF speed, probably
due to the loss of light factor. And of course the screwdriver ones
work as well. I originally got the set because they would work with my
FA power zoom lenses, as well as my Tamron 300 ƒ2.8.
originally
On May 23, 2009, at 19:19 , Stan Halpin wrote:

> I have a Tamron-F 2X Pz-AF BBAR MC7
>
> Is that close enough?
>
> stan
>
> On May 23, 2009, at 5:43 AM, John Whittingham wrote:
>
>> Good price paid, cash waiting or may exchenge for Pentax related
>> equipment.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> John
>> --