Yes I read the article about that on Gizmodo. Not terribly impressed myself, they could have used a different name. But I'd rather that happen than have the whole lot disappear.

Closest IMAX to me is in Auckland... which is at the other end of the country. So it's all moot in my case.

Dave

On May 30, 2009, at 12:09 AM, J.C. O'Connell wrote:

Warning: there is new smaller inferior format/presentation
Being sold as "IMAX" at this time. Its getting a lot of heat
For using the same name because its not as good as the original
Imax format.

J.C. O'Connell ( mailto:hifis...@gate.net )

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
David Mann
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 5:58 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Really big lens cap

Thanks to Cory for posting this.  I just re-subbed this evening after
another hiatus (been stupidly busy building a website).  The reason I
came back is because Pentax sent me an email this afternoon about the
K7.  Looks rather nice, wish I could afford one.  Wish I had the time
to take photos.

IMAX really fascinates me and I always try and see at least one of
their films whenever I'm in a city that has a screen.  Which
unfortunately is not often.

Cheers,
Dave the overworked