What were Nikon and Canon using?

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Adam
Maas
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 10:20 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The Rise of Digital imaging and the Fall of the Old Camera industry

There wasn't a "safe" DX sensor at the time Pentax started work on the
MZ-D. The Sony DX 6MP CCD sensor that would become the basis for so
many Pentax and Nikon DSLR's along with both the Konica Minolta DSLR's
wasn't available until 2002. Frankly Pentax wasn't late to the party,
excepting Contax's ill-fated N Digital, Pentax was the first of the
smaller makers to announce a DSLR and pretty much tied with Olympus in
being the first to ship.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas