I went to a concert at a small club on Monday evening. John Vanderslice and "Tallest Man on Earth".

I only saw two other DSLRs in there besides mine - both were K200Ds!

The one woman who was standing right next to me was shooting with the K200D and an old f1.7/50mm-A lens. Towards the end of the show (she was right in the front row so her shots were all pretty close-up), I offered to let her use the 16-50 for a while to get some wider shots. She declined with this odd comment: "I just pulled this out of the closet after 6 months of ignoring it". I think she was afraid that she wasn't quite up to speed with how to handle a camera and was afraid she'd break my lens. Ah well!

Mostly I was shooting with my old 50mm f/1.4 K lens. It was dark. The other poor guy shooting with just the 18-55 kit must have had a difficult time shooting at anything faster than 1/8 of a second!

Nothing outstanding, but I like to share - this is what I saw that evening:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2009/vanderslice_turfclub/

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com