in the first week of april, some of us friends here decided to do a 10km
run in bangalore, mostly to keep some off smoking which they just given
up. most of us had no prior experience with distance running. the run
was on may 31 in bangalore, so we had about two months to train. of the
14 that started out, eight of us finished the course last sunday though
the times are nothing to write home about... but i was personally
relieved i didn't take a month after all. the full story here, for
those of you interested (not my blog) :)

http://runningmyselfin.blogspot.com/2009/06/status-update.html

regards, subash