I am convinced that you and I will both die before
our vintage SCREWMOUNT Pentax gear does. Yes, sometimes
the auto apertures get lazy on a small percentage of
the lenses and sometimes the meter switch gets sticky
on some spotmatics ( I never said they were perfect ),
but in general they are VERY reliable lenses and bodies.
There are no electronics to go bad aside from the meters ( which
I dont use anyway).
JCO