On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Joseph McAllister<pentax...@mac.com> wrote:
> You certainly have the timing down to within a millisecond. I wish it wasn't
> so hard to find a decent background for these shots. Always a fence board, a
> bunch of cars. A shame.

I'v been doing this for about 12 years now and have my timing set up
by sound and certain points on the horse. Each of my cameras have
slightly different shutter lags, and i have to remember what i'm
shooting so i can time the shots.

There are 1-2 decent venues that have nice backgrounds, but those
shows are allways taken.
The zone we show, and i shoot in, has pretty crappy surrounds i'm
afraid. Sort of find the best place to have the best of the worst back
ground and stand there.:-)

Dave