On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM, P. J.
Alling<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kind of tired of Paul Simon whining.  Kodachrome deserves a better
> epitaph.  Strangely as a product it still seems to sell for less and cost
> less for processing than more recent film products.  The fact that Kodak
> can't seem to make a profit by leveraging some of the mystique, (it's a
> special niche, almost boutique, product so it should be promoted as one), is
> a sad comment on how far a marketing giant has fallen.

The problem with Kodachrome is that it is far more difficult to
process than E-6 slide films. So processing is expensive and takes a
long time (the last roll I had done cost me $20 and took 4 weeks, that
was last fall). E-6 is as cheap to buy, costs way less to process and
the turnaround is far shorter (I get my E-6 on a 3 our turnaround).

That said, I'll shoot a roll of K25 today. Have 2 left in the fridge.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca