David Savage wrote:
G'day Folks,

Another night shot from my trip up north:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/disavage/3654473550/>

Direct link (~170kb)

<http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3654473550_3c5c587408_o.jpg>

D700, AF-D 20mm f2.8, 31seconds @ f5.6, ISO 6400. 7 frame panorama,
stitched in PTGui, tided up in PS & finished off in LR.

It's pretty cool to stand in a relatively isolated spot, listening to
the sound of bats & howling dingos, while watching the Milky Way
stretch from one horizon to another. It literally sent a shiver down
my spine.

This is one of those occasions where doing a panorama was the only way
to capture the view. My widest lens at that time (20mm) wasn't wide
enough to fit it all in.

I have been wanting to retry a night sky pano since an somewhat
unsuccessful attempt on my Kalgoorlie road trip in Feb. This one kinda
works.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Dave

Geez. I think the words of two philosopher kings are appropriate here.

"We're not worthy."

That's gorgeous

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc