Oh, gosh, another PDMLer causes Lens Lust on my end. What's a gal to do? Cheers, Christine

P.S. Nice one Mark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <m...@robertstech.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: Pink (Test shot with 12-24) - User Error

All right, I think I've got it sorted out now. First off, I *was*
working in a "worst-case" scenario: full wide (12mm) and shooting pink
flowers against a green background. But I also had some weird settings
in Camera Raw (I usually use Lightroom instead, but in this case I
didn't want to have to import the photos into the Lightroom database
to convert them - one of my gripes with Lightroom). Upon examination I
discovered that I had the "Clarity" setting somewhere around -100 (!)
instead of at 0. Correcting that and applying some of the fringing
correction available in Camera Raw yielded excellent results.

New versions:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/pink2.jpg
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/crop2.jpg

BTW: Notice that the ultra-wide view got my foot in the lower
right-hand corner? :)