Inspired by Tim, I decided to pack my Tokina 400mm with me last week
for my walking commute to work. I was rewarded with some birds and
squirrels  :-)  I also took it on a walk around Harvard Square on
Saturday while showing a friend around. I used it mostly coupled with
the FA 1.7x TC, and am happier with the results than I was the
previous times I'd used it. Maybe I got better? Or most likely, the
lens, like wine, has improved with age while lying in its box, inside
a dark cupboard.

Now is the point where one normally shares a link to sample pics.
Alas, I went as far as uploading the PEFs to my computer and
performing a cursory selection, but have yet to fully process any.
I'll start a new thread with the pics once I've done this.

Thanks Tim!

 --M.

--
http://www.EnticingTheLight.com