From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of David Mann
[dm...@bluemoon.net.nz]
Sent: 03 July 2009 09:52
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Way OT   @ $#*<h1>woman throws in towel on writing code</h1>*#$@

On Jul 3, 2009, at 8:13 PM, John Whittingham wrote:

> I've been able to write HTML since I took a HNC in computer
> networking c.2002/3, to be honest I always use Dreamweaver and only
> ever edit with notepad when I can't get the application to do
> *exactly* what I want. From personal experience I'd say 90% of all
> the code writers I know use some form of application other than
> notepad, it's just easier and quicker that way.

I've also been writing HTML code for many years (I work as a web
developer at the moment).

I think Dreamweaver is one of the best code editors out there.  You
can drop into code view if you're unhappy with the design/layout
view.  But it's an expensive app and probably overkill for most
people.  I mostly use Notepad++ which is more of a general purpose
editor.  It's one of the 3 "must-have" apps that keep me using Windows
(via Virtualbox).

FWIW the one web tool I cannot work without is Firebug, which is a
great inspection/debugging extension for Firefox.  It lets you play
with the HTML, CSS and Javascript within the browser.  I also use
EditCSS quite a bit but that has problems with background images.

Cheers,
Dave