On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 01:16:52PM -0400, Adam Maas scripsit:
> 3 different sensors:
>
> Sony 6.1MP CCD - *istD, DS, DS2, DL, DL2, K110D, K100D, K100D Super
> Sony 10.5MP CCD - K10D, K200D, K-m/K2000D
> Samsung 14.6MP CMOS - K20D, K-7
>
> There are known differences between the K20D and K-7D's sensors. The
> latter has a redesigned output stage for higher speed and lower noise
> and possibly some microlens changes.

Although the likelihood that all the Sony sensors were, despite being
the same design, the same process iteration, is pretty low.  (Maybe with
the 10.5, given that Pentax got ahold of them relatively late in the
thing's life.  But I'd be disinclined to bet on it.)  So it's really
very hard to tell which is *really* the same sensor chip.

-- Graydon