----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: And I don't even have to charge the battery (K7 has arrived).

When I got my K20D I simply shot in RAW/DNG mode and did my conversions in an ancient PSCS 1 ACR converter. I now have PSCS4, but shooting DNG always works. Pentax is to be commended for providing that alternative.

Why I like DNG;

I've been having a bitch of a time getting my computer to work right for quite a while. In and out of the shop, finally I just had then give it a guts transplant. Anyway, thats not important. What is important is that for the past several months I've been working with my old computer, running PS7. Because I shoot DNG, I've had no problem processing my K20 files. If I shot PEF, I would have pretty much been dead in the water unless I wanted to figure out new software (I don't).

William Robb