My photos were taken with just the lens, manual focus, on a tripod. No tele-converters,

On Jul 4, 2009, at 01:43 , Joseph McAllister wrote:

On Jul 3, 2009, at 23:26 , Francis wrote:

Hi Pentaxians
Do you know if Tamron's SP 300mm f2.8 (60B) is compatible with Pentax DSLRs or not?

Yes, it's compatible. But not a perfect piece of glass wide open.

I made up a little GESO for you from some images I shot in May to see how sharp it was on my K20D. I am not 100% sure, but I may have had it on my Tamron 2x tele extender at the time. I'd have to shoot it again, or at least look though the lens alone and see if the image is the same size as it is here, or not. Anyway this was just a casual test, so the blow ups of the right edge are of a fence partially in the goop from the roof closer to the camera.

http://homepage.mac.com/jomac/Tamron%20SP%20300%20Focus%20&%20CA%20test/

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian

http://gallery.me.com/jomac