On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi<gdigio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Bob W<p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>> It's a lovely camera. I just wish they'd put a proper viewfinder on it.
>
> I suspect a model with an EVF is coming in the near future, and more
> lenses for micro-FourThirds mount. I find the camera quite compelling
> as is, but would also like an EVF with comparable quality to the G1 in
> a similarly sized (a little bigger would be no problem) and shaped
> package.
> --
> Godfrey

More than suspect. The head of Olympus's SLR Development flat out
stated they were working on a higher-end model with an EVF and flash
in an interview with the BJoP.

I'd be interested in an Olympus model that combined the processing and
IS of the E-P1 with the excellent EVF and flip-out high-res LCD of the
G1. The size difference between the two cameras is little more than
the prism hump, grip and flip-out LCD.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca