On Jul 6, 2009, at 16:42 , Scott Loveless wrote:

You, sir, have never read anything at all by Roger Welsch, have you? Heathen. And a single Ford 8N can outwork all the John Deere tractors
in the whole world.  So there.

The John Deere I learned on 59 years ago could crush your little 8N into
bump in a furrow.

http://www.dailyencouragement.net/images/1942_john_deere_tractor.jpg

Bah. I've seen thicker sheet metal on pedal cars. More horsepower, too.

http://www.rustichome.com/images/ford_8N_pedal_tractor.jpg

Good for riding mowers. Or patio seats.

John Deere, the Holga of tractors.
http://hendrensfarmtoys.com/john-deere-toys/images/pedal-tractors/35206a.jpg

Toe to toe at the tractor pull!

Here is a JD pulling. It's listed as an antique tractor on the circuit.

http://www.tractortracks.net/Rosholt7-21-07TViewFromAnnouncersStand.jpg

Here is a Ford tractor. It's listed in the "small tractor" catagory.

http://www.tractortracks.net/Rosholt7-21-07FordTractor.jpg

Pffffssst !

:—)

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ Nature is considerably more creative and inventive than humankind. Without Nature there isn't any humankind. Without humankind, Nature is fine.”