Hi David,
You're right. The foreground petals on the second flower shot are a bit soft. I suspect the focal point was the center and the DOF didn't extend out to the foreground. However, I am going to check focus accuracy with the new camera one of these days. It will have to wait until next week however.

Thanks for looking and commenting. I hadn't noticed that.
Paul