-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Paul F. Stregevsky
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 11:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CZJ Sonnar 300/4: three varieties? switchable mount?

I suppose I should put the SMC 300/4 on my short list; I actually received
it last year but returned it to the UK because I had ordered the 300/M. Now
I want to consider only lenses with a tripod collar, which would exclude
the SMC 300/4, I believe, but would include its M42 precursor, the Tak
300/4.

But if I'm gonna give up K mount autoaperture, it had better be for a
world-class lens. The CZJ auto-Sonnar 300.4 is world class. The Tak? I
dunno; I fear I'd always think, "I should have held out for a 300/4.5F."

Come to think of it, with the cost of larger filters and hoods, maybe I
should just get a 1.4XL-A teleconverter and use it with my 400/5.6 PKA and
200/2.5 SMC. How much brightness does a 1.4 TC cost you: half a stop?

Paul Franklin Stregevsky
13 Selby Court
Poolesville, Maryland 20837-2410
[EMAIL PROTECTED]