No K7 (sigh) but the school bought an E-P1 that I get to try.  Sample Picture,
resized and auto-sharpened:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40620...@n04/3738997262/?addedcomment=1#comment72157621734347220

It's very small but takes fine images.  Lots of controls and lots of screens.
The latter can be very distracting.  I find the best way to shoot with using
the LCD as viewfinder is to use a version of FBI two handed handgun grip
(Americans will like this camera for that reason alone).  Quick assessment:
Nice snapshot camera and great backup.  Very small.  The review I read claims
it has the guts of the E-30, and the image quality conforms that.  AF is OK
(not great) speedwise, exposure is good.  AF-MF focus is great for macro work.
AF first and then MF with a 10x magnification on the LCD.  (Remember, this is
my first live view camera so this is new to me)  I was able to fit a 4/3 macro
lens on with the Lumix adaptor and it worked just fine.

The only drawback for me it the LCD only shooting, and I'm adapting to that.
Essentially, you can see well enough to compose, there is the advantage of
seeing the subject and the screen, and you just have to trust the AF.  My
biggest problem is still not being able to really brace my arms like with an
SLR, but that may just be habit.

 I think Mark was right in that they are going to sell a bunch of these.  This
is a perfect upgrade for the snapshooter.

Steven G. Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450