> I'll have to rely on you owners for information, but in looking at the
> rig of the 393, methinks it's a lot of money ($200 US) for two 'U'
> brackets, a quick release, and three knobs.

The quality is very good, really. I'm pretty handy in the workshop but I'd hate
to heve to make this myself to the standard it is. The horizontal damping does
rely on some kind of special friction material or so they'd have me believe. I
think a little adjustment is in order once I'm more familiar with the feel when
panning, worth £120? probably. I got awarded £200 at work recently, I opted for
Amazon gift tokens, saves paying the taxman! I couldn't think what to buy but
then decided I'd like to try a Gimble head, I got 2 x 8Gb Sandisk Extreme III
30Mb edition SDHC cards with the remainder.

Regards,

John