Hello!

I've been making pictures with my Pentax K10D (my first digital
camera) for over a year now.  After deciding which photos to print, I
take them to the lab and the owner, and only employee, makes all the
changes I want in Photoshop - all I have to do is sit by his side and
ask him manipulate the images as I want.  But now I want to start
"photoshoping" my own photos...

I own a Mac and prefer to spent some money on a lens, or other
equipment, instead of software - well, I guess that in digital
photography software should be considered (unseen) equipment :-)

As far as I know, Photoshop is _the_ image manipulation program.  It
seems to be "easy" (compared to GIMP) to use and is on the expensive
side.  On the other hand, GIMP is GPLed software but its interface is,
to be nice, awkward.

None of the differences above are technical - I mean differences that
can change the outcome of an image after manipulation.  Are there any
technical differences between Photoshop and GIMP?

TIA!

--
Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta
ille nihil dubitat quem nulla scientia dictat