Luiz Felipe wrote:

Very interesting set, Godfrey. I like Train Man more.

lf

I like him, but I liked the typewriter more :-)

seriously, the train man is wonderful...

ann

Godfrey DiGiorgi escreveu:

Four more photos from the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk day on July 18, 2009, taken in Niles, a part of Fremont, California.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3756631865_225eaa5db1_o.jpg
121 - Two Locals - Niles 2009
Local folks hanging out at The Florence in Niles ... these guys were lots of fun to talk with, nowhere near as flinty as they looked.
  flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3756631865/

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2560/3757431456_6afa9139cd_o.jpg
122 - Train Man - Niles 2009
Jim Bunger, docent and train man, giving me the tour of Sourthern Pacific Business Car, "The Oakland", SP141.
  flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3757431456/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/3757431568_31132ee377_o.jpg
123 - Secretary's Smith Corona - Niles 2009
Smith Corona typewriter in the secretary's cabin on Sourthern Pacific Business Car, "The Oakland", SP141.
  flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3757431568/

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2503/3757431672_dd24c4a1b4_o.jpg
124 - Motiograph Projector - Niles 2009
This is a photo of a Motiograph Theater Projector, a 35mm Silent film projector which is from the turn of the 20th Century. It's hand-cranked and uses an arc lamp light source. Each reel of film ran for a few minutes, probably not more than ten, as long as the projectionist could keep up smooth cranking! On display at the Silent Film Museum in Niles, the site of the first Nickelodeon theater in town, built 1913.
  flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3757431672/

All photos made with the Panasonic G1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV lens.

Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey
--
 www.gdgphoto.com