Can't take anything away from Porsche and their racing ventures but the Ford effort began in the early 60's and they reached their goal with the winning of the 67 LeMans. Its a pity they didn't stay with it. The rules for '68 effectively outlawed the MK IV GT.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph McAllister" <pentax...@mac.com>

Subject: Re: PESO - What I did over the weekend

Ahhh. The good old days. As an American I was so proud of these cars racing with "the big guys" and sometimes beating there butts off.

But since the mid-70s my heart has been with Porsche. So I must say I get more joy out of a 917, any model.

Long Tail version
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/au/autoart-porsche-917-lemans-hippie-2nd-place-3-1970.jpg

Short Tail version (917K)
http://www.lugnutsracing.com/files/917mcqueen1024x768.jpg