On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 12:09:59PM -0700, Joseph McAllister wrote:
> So you are saying that it's either your timing on pressing the button,
> or the slight delay between the time you see the subject in focus and
> the sensor is exposed to the light?

No, I'm saying that I take a picture. I wait a bit, and take another
picture. Between the first and second pictures the subjects have
moved, but rather than checking focus, or reacquiring focus, the
camera just takes another picture, without refocusing. It can't seem
to tell that people went out of focus.

> > Exactly, it is AF-S, should only shoot if the camera is in focus.
> > It would focus. Subjects would move, rather than refocusing on them,
> > it would think that they were still in focus.
>
> Doesn't AF-S focus once, and, if the shutter button is kept
> half-depressed, hold that focus irrespective of what's going on with the
> view?  Supposed to work that way so you can focus on something, hold
> that focus, and recompose?

Yes, if you don't let go of the button, which you have to do between
taking photos.

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc