I was frustrated not to remember were I took some shots so decided
that somehow I should get a GPS.

There are multiple solutions, including some small devices
(mouse-like) which became quite commoncalled gps loggers and full
featured GPS devices.
I thought that about 100 Euros for that was maybe a bit steep but
realized I could make a better investment and got myself a Garmin
Gpsmap 60cx. The exact model isn't important of course.
IMO paying 250 Euros for a device I can use while cycling, driving a
car, walking, can find a route and show a mapis a better deal than gps
logger (just my thoughts).

Using GPSbabel (freeware) to extract the log out of the device is very
easy and Houdahgeo (about 25 dollars) for tagging the pictures
automaticaly based on the tracklog is easy as well.

Lightroom will allow for displaying a Googlemaps page with location if
Iclick on the GPS coords in metadata.

All in all, very happy with my purchase. Very easy to use and very useful.

Regards,

PS: this tutorial may get your interest:
http://www.gavingough.com/workshops/online-tutorials/adding-gps-geodata-in-lightroom/

PS2: some car GPS devices can be hacked as to keep a tracklog even if
they are not supposed to.
--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille