> mike wilson wrote:
> > Cotty wrote:
> >
> >> On 9/8/09, Bob W, discombobulated, unleashed:

> >> Shouldn't that be ' People look like Frenchmen as they age'  ?
> >
> > When did you ever see De Gaulle smiling like that?  Even
> after we got
> > his country back for him....
> I think De Gaulle was still carrying a grudge against Caesar.

De Gaulle was a connard of Olympian proportions. He was a coward, a turncoat
and, as one US congressman called him, 'the most ungrateful man since Judas
Iscariot'.

I have a wonderful book called "50 Reasons To Hate The French"*, by Jules
Eden and Alex Clarke, which really does a hatchet job on De Gaulle.

*I like the French and their culture, as I suspect do most people who read
the book, but De Gaulle has to be excluded from that liking and that
culture.

Bob